350PDX is seeking a skilled IT Coordinator to manage and maintain our technical infrastructure, and provide user support and training as needed to staff and volunteers.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
This position will work primarily out of the 350PDX office in NE Portland, Oregon
This is a part-time, hourly position, working 8 to 10 hours per week. Pay rate is $18 – $19.60 per hour. Benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, and flexible work hours.
The start date is flexible, ideally by the end of February, 2019.
IT Systems Planning and Development
- Work with relevant staff and volunteers to evaluate needs for existing and new tech systems, and devise and implement improvements
- Work with key communications/campaign staff and volunteers to develop organization-wide digital organizing strategies, and digital organizing strategies for individual campaigns, teams and/or time periods
- Manage the 350PDX Tech budget and purchase tech tools and items as approved
- Ensure that IT systems are in compliance with internal privacy policies and related external regulations.
Technical Infrastructure Maintenance
- Manage G Suites Drive permissions / additions and support as needed
- Setup and help manage G Suites email accounts and Google Groups for staff and volunteers
- Manage technical aspects of all 350PDX websites using WordPress (includes 350pdx.org, 350oregon.org, and their sub-domains) including updates, plugins and troubleshooting
- Manage technical aspects of 350PDX’s NationBuilder account
- Be on call as needed to troubleshoot website or other technical tool issues if they are not functioning properly
- Develop and update process / procedures manuals where appropriate
Staff & Volunteer IT Support
- Recruit, train and support IT volunteers, and delegate tasks as appropriate
- Advise staff and volunteers on how technical tools can be applied to achieve work/campaign goals, as needed
- Train staff and volunteers on how to use technical tools relevant to their particular roles (to include, but not limited to NationBuilder, email, website, blog, social media)
- Provide tech support to staff and volunteers, as needed
- Attend weekly staff meetings, and regular meetings with supervisor
- Track and report working hours
- Contribute to monthly staff reports to Board of Directors
- Other related duties as assigned
- Manage physical IT systems (office computers, etc); Coordinate set up and maintenance, troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Experience configuring and maintaining WordPress sites
- Familiarity and comfort with G Suite administration
- Experience with CRM database administration
- Ability and desire to problem-solve and expand your knowledge base beyond existing skill sets
- Comfort & ability in offering user support across a large range of technical competency levels
- Self-directed, comfortable working with minimal supervision/instruction, able to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Passion for the mission of 350PDX
- Experience and/or familiarity with digital organizing strategy and tools
- Desire to work with volunteers at a team level to expand the organization’s technical capacity
- Experience training & supporting volunteers
Send a resume and cover letter (not exceeding 2 pages each or 4 pages total) in PDF format to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “IT Coordinator” when applying. Application deadline is Thursday, January 31st.
350PDX is committed to being an inclusive and collaborative group that values bringing a diversity of approaches and perspectives to the work we do. We try to build a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys working together. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of communities on the frontlines of climate change are especially welcome and encouraged to apply.
350PDX’s mission is to build a diverse grassroots movement to address the causes of climate disruption through justice-based solutions by inspiring, training and mobilizing people to act. We are a relatively young, dynamic, volunteer-driven grassroots organization with thousands of supporters. We regularly engage hundreds of people to volunteer and/or take action. Our work is significant — the nation and world need compelling examples of communities that are addressing climate disruption head-on through bold and creative measures that bring diverse people together at a time of divisiveness and insufficient state and federal action.