The Developer creates, manages and optimizes Casey Trees’ web content, promoting the organization, its programs and brand to increase its constituency and support base.
- Develops website content; establishes/maintains website architecture; designs page layouts; writes copy; creates user interface elements; fulfills web updates and publications organization-wide
- Integrates the website with Salesforce CRM and other third-party platforms, ensuring users can intuitively sign up for updates, donate, purchase merchandise, volunteer, and easily participate in all Casey Trees’ programs and activities
- Conducts testing to evaluate effectiveness, efficiency and user satisfaction; implements changes to improve information architecture, navigation, content clarity and memorability
- Analyzes web traffic; runs Google AdWords campaigns to gain insight on user behavior and acquisition; tracks landing page quality and improves SEO
- Maintains consistent organizational/campaign branding for the website and related projects
- Identifies/creates new opportunities for digital communications in consultation with internal departments and colleagues
- Maintains library of responsive email templates; troubleshoots display issues across email clients
- Connects people to trees
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position, 40-hours a week.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, paid holidays and paid time off.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, communications, graphic design, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- One or more years of experience working with web content management systems
- Strong project management, data management, information architecture, and support skills
- Solid writing and editing skills, including strong knowledge with AP and Chicago style
- Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite
- A demonstrated eye for clean design in graphic and web layout
- Strong ability to set and meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize assignments
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Casey Trees
- Experience in Salesforce
- Understanding of APIs and third-party data integration processes
- Experience using Bootstrap and GitHub
- Familiarity with WordPress
We are a Washington D.C. based nonprofit, established in 2002, committed to restoring, enhancing and protecting the tree canopy of the nation’s capital. To fulfill this mission, we plant trees, engage thousands of volunteers of all ages in tree planting and care, provide year-round continuing education courses, monitor the city’s tree canopy, develop interactive online tree tools and work with elected officials, developers, and community groups to protect and care for existing trees and to encourage the addition of new ones.