I’m looking for a new support person to add to our team at WordXpress. We’re a fully-distributed team. You’ll be a subcontractor. You can live anywhere, as long as your work hours coincide with US business hours. It’s part time for now, but could potentially turn into full time work and possibly even eventual partial ownership of the company. This is a great chance to get in early and help shape the future, culture, and success of our company.
- Excited about helping people.
- Loves to take care of people and finding ways to diffuse anger or tense situations.
- English must be your 1st language.
- Good at explaining and helping people understand in writing.
- Must be willing to talk to our members on the phone (occasionally, we don’t do phone support).
- Must have a US phone number you can use to call our members.
- Must work US business hours. Location is up to you.
- Working knowledge of WordPress, and thirst for learning in general.
- Basic design or coding skills. We’ll take either.
Bonus (optional) qualifications:
- Excellent design OR development skills.
- Experienced in customer support (we call it “member care”).
- Passionate about helping small businesses succeed.
- Experienced with creating/organizing documentation.
- Experienced in remote team work.
- Have studied any of the following: Exceptional Service, Exceptional Profit by Leonardo Inghilleri & Micah Solomon, Work the System by Sam Carpenter, Rework by Basecamp, or Essentialism by Greg McKeown.
- Experience with the following general tools: Slack, Asana, or Help Scout.
- In depth experience with any major WP plugins or themes, such as: Divi, Elementor, WooCommerce, Gravity Forms, membership plugins, LMS’s, etc.
- Online marketing experience.
- Great at writing helpful content.
I could care less about traditional job interviews, resume’s, or college degrees. I want to get to know you and see what you can actually do. I want to know 1. your personality, 2. your experience, and 3. your knowledge in that order. So if you feel you’re a decent fit to the requirements above, please use the link to our contact form and submit it so we can start having a conversation. If I feel you’re a good fit, we’ll probably hire you for a week or two on a trial basis and see how it goes. That’s the real “interview.”
24/7 WordPress Support & Maintenance by Xperts