Role & Responsibilities:
We are seeking to appoint aTechnical Support Specialist to work as part of our established expert WordPress maintenance team.
You will work alongside talented Designers and Developers to provide market-leading support for a wide variety of clients. Your priority will be to reply and help our customers, as well as troubleshooting and resolving technical issues for them. Additionally, there is also regular opportunities to work on site builds, tweaks and more advanced projects of a variable nature. Shortly, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn and specialise.
Possessing a good understanding of both front and back end development you will be able to turn your hand to a variety of tasks.
The ideal candidate will be a problem solver, analytical, have superb communication and technical skills, and can work in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment. Customer experience is a top priority.
Some typical tasks and requests for our support team…
- Optimising client sites for speed, leveraging caching, image optimisation and various other methods to improve site speed and performance.
- Adding anti-spam or captcha to forms – in order to prevent spam issues for our clients
- Unlocking a user from Wordfence after they are locked out.
- De-bugging an issue with a site displaying a PHP error
- Fixing plugin conflicts
- Installing and configuring a security plugin on a client website to protect against hacking attempts, brute force and malware.
- Installing and setting up a third-party WordPress plugins
- Adjusting some settings for a client on WooCommerce
- Updating WooCommerce templates or theme templates to maintain clients website compatibility
- Carrying out updates to WordPress, plugins and theme
- Adjusting some performance related settings on CPanel – e.g upgrading PHP versions, memory allowance, max input vars etc
- Restoring a site from a backup
Candidates must have the following knowledge and experience in order to be considered. Completing this application might take you a few hours and we don’t want to waste your time or ours.
- UK / Europe Based
- Fluent, native, 100% error free written English.
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with WordPress CMS, Plugins and Themes
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and time-management skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills – you actively seek opportunities to systematize customer service efforts to maintain quality expectations; documenting and enhancing processes to maximize individual and team productivity.
- Resourceful – you know how to find answers and do homework before reaching out or escalating tickets to more senior team members
- Experience with some aspect of support or customer service
- Experience working remotely, with strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with phpMyAdmin, cPanel, troubleshooting WordPress sites via FTP, etc.
- Able to communicate in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Responsive web development
- PHP, MySQL
- HTML, HTML 5, CSS, JS, jQuery, AJAX
- Debugging development issues, Server administration and hosting environments
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team
- Ideal, but not fundamental
- Intermediate-level PHP knowledge. Can quickly write PHP functions, use arrays etc (Ideal, but not fundamental for this role)
- Experience of using version control such as GIT (Ideal, but not fundamental for this role)
- Integrating 3rd party API’s (Ideal, but not fundamental for this role)
- Expert-level WordPress knowledge: troubleshooting, development, database structure, etc. (Ideal, but not fundamental for this role)
- Web Development
- Tech Support / Customer Service
Technologies and softwares you may be familiar with:
- WordPress / WooCommerce
- Trello / Asana / Jira
- Helpscout / Ticket Systems
Salary & Hours of Work:
Part-time, Flexible, remote work with a Competitive Salary. Opportunity to progress into a paid full-time role for the right candidate.
We offer options to work on a retainer basis, paid monthly with set shifts throughout the week – Monday – Friday.
Additionally, we will also consider freelancers or developers looking for hourly projects and support cover.
Due to the nature of our business and our clients data and website access, a company confidentiality agreement will be required to be signed.
In return we offer:
- Competitive Salary and opportunities for extra work shifts, paid projects and bonuses.
- Work from Home – You can choose to work from home or anywhere that has internet. We value people that are self-motivated to produce results without someone looking over their shoulder.
- Flexible Schedules – various shifts available. We’re not bothered about 9-5 and offer flexible working arrangements.
- Invest in You – We offer opportunities for personal and professional development and training. Whether it’s learning new coding languages or design tools, we’ll support you in doing what you love. One example of this is our WordPress Academy for staff which we are in the process of currently building, featuring various videos, documents and learning sessions to develop and hone your skillset even further.
- Annual Meetup events, trips and outings. Enjoy fun-packed, unique annual meetups with the team face-to-face each year.
WPManager is a dynamic and passionate team of web developers and web designers providing leading 1st class Support and maintenance for WordPress sites, helping site owners secure and grow their websites. Our team is 100% remote and distributed across the UK.
Together, our team has worked on several projects from websites, landing pages, blogs, media sites, e-commerce stores and more – mostly based on WordPress as a CMS. Our customers range from small businesses and individuals to global brands across the U.K, Europe and U.S.